The Bio-Oil formulation is a combination of plant extracts and vitamins suspended in an oil base. Oil, being oxygen-free, allows the plant extracts and vitamins to retain their potency, thus maximizing their effectiveness.
- Vitamin A: Promotes the formation of new collagen and assists in skin renewal, helping to increase elasticity and improve skin’s texture and tone.
- Vitamin E: Assists in the maintenance of healthy-looking skin, protecting it from the effects of free radicals which cause skin damage and premature aging. Vitamin E also increases the moisture content of the epidermis, making the skin soft, smooth and supple.
- Calendula Oil: Has cell regenerative effects to treat sensitive, damaged or sunburned skin. It reduces inflammation and can be used to combat minor skin infections, rashes and superficial irritation.
- Lavender Oil: Known to have skin conditioning properties, lavender oil provides a calming and soothing benefit and is also a natural antiseptic.
- Rosemary Oil: Helps to invigorate and condition the skin, it also has soothing properties and mild antiseptic effects.
- Chamomile Oil: An anti-inflammatory, providing soothing and calming benefits to the skin, and is particularly beneficial for sensitive skin.
- PurCellin Oil™: Reduces the thickness of the formulation, improving smoothness and ease of application, making Bio-Oil readily absorbed by the skin. It also acts as an emollient, leaving the skin soft, smooth and supple.